Giving Back to Our Community
UKFCU was founded at the University of Kentucky in 1937 on the principle of education. We strive to support the financial education of our members and surrounding community. That's why we want to give back by supporting institutes of higher education, organizations which prioritize education, professional development, or community development and services.
At UK Federal Credit Union, the money we earn goes back to our members, and we strive to serve and give back to our community. See the following guidelines for how we consider charitable financial contributions. We would like to fulfill every request brought to us by our community members. However, as a financial institution with limited resources, we must be prudent in deciding where to allocate funds.
We will not be accepting the following types of requests:
- Organizations which discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status
- Religious or political organizations
- Individuals and private organizations
- Community beauty pageants or individual sports activities
- Tickets and goodwill advertising
- Annual funds
- For-profit or non-tax-exempt organizations
- Organizations that UK Federal Credit Union has sponsored within that calendar year
Requests which exemplify our core values and are reasonably located and involved within or near the community we serve will receive preference.
Only donations submitted 60 days in advance of the occasion or deadline will be considered. We ask that you allow up to 30 business days for our response regarding your request. A W-9 must be submitted prior to receiving funding.