Looking for a quick and secure way to send money?
Wire transfers at UKFCU can help you send or receive money from someone across town, or across the globe. With domestic and international wire transfer options, you have the tools available to securely transfer funds.
checkclipboard Gather Information
The information required to complete a wire transfer depends on the following:
- Are you sending or receiving the funds?
- Are the funds being sent domestically or internationally?
moneybag Outgoing Domestic
Transfer funds within the U.S. states and territories.
- Fee: $20
- Expected wait: 1-3 business days
dispensecash Outgoing International
Outgoing international wires are only offered on business accounts.
- Fee: $40
- Expected wait: 5 to 7 business days
compose Required Information for Outgoing Wires
- Sender Address
- Phone Number
- Transfer Amount
- Member Number
- Recipients address
- Account number
Recipient/Payee Financial Institution Information:
- Name of financial institution
- Financial institutions address
- Routing Number (ABA)
- Corresponding or intermediary bank name and routing number (if applicable)
- Swift/BIC of receiving financial institution (if applicable)
form Required Forms
To initiate the wire transfer, you are required to complete both a Wire Request form and a Wire Agreement. The Wire Agreement will only need to be completed once every five years. If your Wire Agreement is out of date, our Customer Care Center will notify you to renew.
The two forms can be sent to UKFCU through one of the following methods:
Receiving Incoming Wire Transfers
Wire deposits can be made to your savings, checking, or money market, as well as to any loan or line of credit. If funds are to be applied to a loan or line of credit, please specify.
- Incoming Wire Fee: $20 domestic, $40 international
- Expected wait: Same day processing, if received prior to 4:00 pm, EST
What you will need:
In order to receive a domestic or international wire transfer, please provide the following information to the sending financial institution:
- Name as titled on UKFCU account
- Account number to which the funds should be credited
- UKFCU’s Routing/ABA Number: 242176129
- UKFCU’s Address: 1730 Alysheba Way, Lexington, KY 40509
repeat What is a wire transfer?
- A wire transfer is a type of electronic payment service for transferring funds between financial institutions by wire through the Federal Reserve, the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) network or the Clearing House Interbank Payment System (CHIPS).
- We only handle wire transfers through the Federal Reserve System.
headset How do I cancel a wire transfer?
Call us at 859-264-4200 to cancel your transaction. If the wire transaction is still at UKFCU, we can cancel it with no fees assessed.
If your wire has already been processed, we can submit a reversal request to the payee's financial institution and attempt to retrieve the funds. Please note:
- Wire transfers are immediate, final and irrevocable. Reversal attempts may go unanswered.
- Fees may be assessed by other financial institutions if the reversal request is successful.
- There is no set time frame for receiving a response from the payee's financial institution. Contact UKFCU five business days after the initial cancellation to request an update of your inquiry.
form Does UKFCU have a swift code?
No, the Credit Union does not have a swift code. However, we can receive international wires, if they are sent using a Domestic Intermediary bank from the sender.